Thursday, February 19, 2009

Imagination

**This is a combination of a Shakespearean sonnet and a blank verse**


Can I tell you the truth without judgment?

The truth is I have been deceiving you

Would you be mad that my feelings are numb?


You're looking and pining from afar, but

I'm the star in the sky that can't be reached.

And though you can never touch, you try hard.

Please stop! Because I won't ever be yours


But to be honest, I want to feel love.

That feeling of eternal bliss; so sweet,

To feel the feelings and the emotions!

To feel your touch, to feel your lips, your kiss


I want to be real and not just a thought

Sadly, I'm just your imagination.



**Note**
I say that this is a combination of a Shakespearean sonnet and a blank verse because though it maintains the structure of a Shakespearean sonnet, I followed the rhyme scheme of a blank verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment